WordPress Plugins You Should Know About and Try Out
Plugins really do make using WordPress to blog a much handier and helpful site. Let’s look at 8 new WordPress Plugins you should know about.
1. Wibiya Toolbar – Wibi what? This is that red tool bar thing you will find at the bottom. Wibiya provides you with some excellent basic analytical data. At worst Wibiya is preventing some bounces, and at best it increases engagement. Check it out.
2. WordPress Mobile Edition – This is a great little plugin for WordPress that will install a theme for Marketing Pilgrim that is mobile friendly. When it detects that you are browsing the blog from a phone, it will use the mobile edition rather than your default theme.
3. WP Greet Box – This plugin is handy in that it determines where new site visitors have originated from. It then presents them with a custom greeting at the top of the post, making it a personal experience.
4. WordPress Firewall – This is a great little new plugin that blocks those bad guys from getting access. It has plenty of cool features that includes letting certain IPs be able to edit WordPress files while others cannot. Just remember if you are gone on holidays, you won’t be able to make any changes until you add your IP to the white list.
5. WordPress Ajax Edit Comments – This is a great little comment editor that lets users edit their comments, but it also lets you quickly edit typos you spot or delete spam comments without needing to go to your dashboard.
6. WP Optimize – This is a plugin that will help you to keep the database clean by quickly and easily removing post revisions. You can rename you admin username and you can run the optimize command on core tables in WordPress, although you should use a little caution when doing this.
7. WordPress Thread Comment – This plugin lets you reply directly to someone who has commented. This is a useful tool between commenter. Commenter #30 can easily comment on Commenter #1’s post.
8. Twitter Publisher – This plugin will automatically publish all new posts to your Twitter account. It will identify the author who wrote it which is really handy. It’s weak point is that occasionally it will republish a post multiple times.
These are 8 WordPress plugins that you should take the time to explores. Of course, there are tons of excellent plugins. You should always only install those plugins you are going to use, because while unlimited plugins are allowed, it can slow down your site speed.
Posted on July 20, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged articles, Google, Plug-in (computing), Publishers, Tools, Twitter, Wibiya, wordpress, WordPress Plugin Directory. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.